Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Mouse loose bluetooth connection all the time.

Have an Apple Magic mouse (AMM) which constantly loses contact with bluetooth.

This mouse is my second AMM that I own.

The first lasted about 18 months before it is completely lost touch with Bluetooth.

Before that, it had for about 10 months dropped connection sporadically with increasingly shorter periods between.

Purchased a new 11.12.2014 and after approximately 6 months started the malfunction in the same way.

Now today, I contacted Apple Support which asked me to contact AppleCare which I did.

Where the answer was that I must go to my dealer ElGiganten in Västerås to fix this.

The first contact the Apple support said AppleCare would fix the problem.

This has now taken me about 2 hours and the answer was that I should go 50 km each way to my dealer.

Apple support and Apple Care is really nothing worth.

Have Googled the net and just found the council to have the paper in between the batteries or buy Apple's own rechargeable batteries should be just the right size for this mouse to work.

Do you really need to have to have the paper in between the batteries in the mouse for almost a thousand crowns for it to work ????

Have a large number of old Microsoft and Logitech mice´s that works perfect for up to 10 years.

Have measured these batteries in circumference and used other that are exactly the same size but no improvement in the contact with bluetooth.

So that´s just a trick of Apple to sell their own batteries, and why this is not stated in the purchase of the mouse that you then also have to use Apple's batteries.

No wonder Apple is the world's richest companie when it blows people like this !!!!!!

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Aug 21, 2015 3:13 AM

There are no replies.

Magic Mouse loose bluetooth connection all the time.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.