Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the correct import settings for Final Cut Pro v7.0.3 to import iPhones 6 and Go Pro 4 videos Final Cut

I have a project to editing massive amount of video clips shot by iPhone 6Plus and Go Pro 4, what is the best setting for me to edit these clips in the Final Cut Pro 7.0.3 ???

Currently, the caputred video clips are at following settings:

for those Go Pro 4 videos:
Format: MP4
Dimensions: 1920x1080
Codecs: H.264, AAC

Color profile: HD (1-1-1)
Audio Channels: 2

for those iPhone 6Plus videos:

Format: MOVDimmensions: 1920x1080
Codecs: H.264, AAC
Color profile: HD (1-1-1)
Audio Channel: 1

So waht is the best setting for me in the final cut pro's Easy Setup and Audio/Video Settings in order to save the rendering time and the disc space?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), MBP 15" with 2.5GHz Intel Core i7

Posted on Aug 21, 2015 3:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2015 8:04 AM

Convert them all to ProRes 422 LT before you bring them into FCP.

Hopefully they are the same frame rate. It they aren't, i.e., one is 30 and the other is 24, convert the 24 to 30. It's easier and yields smoother results to add frames rather than remove them.

Compressor will do this for you. Also, Mpeg Streamclip will do conversions.

x

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2015 8:04 AM in response to Kev C

Convert them all to ProRes 422 LT before you bring them into FCP.

Hopefully they are the same frame rate. It they aren't, i.e., one is 30 and the other is 24, convert the 24 to 30. It's easier and yields smoother results to add frames rather than remove them.

Compressor will do this for you. Also, Mpeg Streamclip will do conversions.

x

What is the correct import settings for Final Cut Pro v7.0.3 to import iPhones 6 and Go Pro 4 videos Final Cut

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.