Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I collaborate with someone who uses FL Studio?

So I've been using Garage Band for a few years, but I haven't been able to ever collaborate with someone using FL Studio. Is there any efficient way to do this?

- I am running iOS 7 (I don't have enough space to upgrade to 8) on an iPhone 4s

- I have Garage Band 2.0.7

I really want to know if I can do this since I 1: Can't figure out FL Studio, and 2: Really want to do collaborations 🙂

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Aug 21, 2015 7:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2015 9:29 AM

GarageBand Projects are only upwards-compatible inside the Apple audio apps eco-system

GarageBand iOS ➤ GarageBand OSX ➤ Logic Pro X

User uploaded file

You cannot open those Project files in any other application.

The only option is to export individual audio and MIDI files or use the more professional Exchange file formats like AAF or XML (which are not available for GarageBand, only Logic)

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2015 9:29 AM in response to Caarat

GarageBand Projects are only upwards-compatible inside the Apple audio apps eco-system

GarageBand iOS ➤ GarageBand OSX ➤ Logic Pro X

User uploaded file

You cannot open those Project files in any other application.

The only option is to export individual audio and MIDI files or use the more professional Exchange file formats like AAF or XML (which are not available for GarageBand, only Logic)

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Can I collaborate with someone who uses FL Studio?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.