Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to sync playlists to ipod classic on windows 10

Hello,

I have a fresh install of Windows 10 running the latest version of iTunes. My iPod classic doesn't always show up in the device list, but when it does and I sync ALL music in my library, only a handful of playlists come over. The ones that do actually sync are missing songs. It looks like all my music transfers though. Some of these playlists are brand new and others were exported from a Windows 8.1 system and imported into Win 10.

I upgraded the Windows 8.1 system to Windows 10 and iTunes is still able to sync properly to my iPod Classic. Maybe a residual Windows 8.1 driver or something?

This looks like a common complaint with Windows 10 looking through the forum, just no real answer or fix.

Thoughts?

iPod classic (120 GB), iOS 2.x

Posted on Aug 21, 2015 11:28 AM

21 replies

Sep 18, 2015 10:46 AM in response to turingtest2

Exactly what I said... I can't figure this one out. I don't want to have to hold on to my old laptop just to sync my freaking ipod and iphone. i'm afraid to try to sync the iphone to the new desktop in case it gets all screwed up. iphone backups never seem to restore properly so i'd rather not attempt it if I don't need to yet.

Sep 18, 2015 10:58 AM in response to turingtest2

Well I exported the playlists, one by one from the old PC, then I had to edit them since the new desktop has a 4TB D drive where I am storing my media. So I edited EACH playlist and updated the path. It worked for some, but others I had to recreate the playlists via iTunes. Neither the ones I edited nor the ones I recreated from scratch show up. Well, one or two new ones show up, but only a few songs are in them, even though they contain 4 or 5 albums worth.

Sep 18, 2015 11:07 AM in response to turingtest2

Very odd. I would, but the old library is on the C drive and my new desktop has it on the D drive. If I copy the old over, all pointers will be incorrect. This was a massive pain in the a** to get everything moved and playlists recreated and duplicates removed, etc... I was really hoping 12.3 would have corrected this with it's official Windows 10 support.

Unable to sync playlists to ipod classic on windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.