Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Shuffle 4th gen plays about three seconds then skips to the next song

Recently I bought a $15 iTunes gift card and bought a few songs with it.

*of course* I downloaded them to my iPod, a few would take longer than others but there were no issues.

The first few played fine, no skipping at all. Then after that, a song would play for about three/four seconds -- some would play halfway -- then skip to the next song. If I went back, it would just do the same thing.

I have tried restoring the iPod, taking all of my songs off and putting them back on, uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes (I think it's version 12.1.2.27, if that's important), even trying to download them from my laptop -- no luck anywhere.

I do not have an Apple store near me, so I can't really take my iPod to one of them.

I don't know what the problem is, this has never happened until now. And it's only skipping for certain songs.

If there ANYTHING I can do? Or would I have to trash it and buy another? 😟

iPod shuffle, Windows Vista

Posted on Aug 21, 2015 2:35 PM

1 reply

Aug 22, 2015 2:50 PM in response to MckennaPlays

Hi MckennaPlays,

I see from your post that some purchased songs from iTunes will not play on your iPod, even after restoring your iPod. If you haven't already, I would suggest deleting the songs from your iTunes library, and then download them again from your previous purchases. If after that and your songs still don't play, then I recommend reporting those purchases to our iTunes Store support by using the report a problem link below.

Before you redownload

1. Sign in with the Apple ID that you used for the original purchase. Use these steps to see which Apple ID you used to download an item.
  2. Check to see if the purchases you're looking for are hidden. If your purchases are hidden, you might not see them even after you follow the steps below. Learn how to unhide purchases.
  3. See if the content is available for redownload. Previously purchased items might not be available if they're no longer on the iTunes Store. Also, make sure that you’re in a country where you can redownload items. If you changed your Apple ID from one country to another, you can’t download items you purchased in a previous country.

On a Mac or PC

1. Open iTunes.
  2. Click Sign In, and then enter your Apple ID and password.
    User uploaded file
  3. Click your name and select Purchased from the menu.
    User uploaded file
  4. Click "Not in My Library" to view purchased content that isn't on your computer.
    User uploaded file
  5. Scroll to find the item that you want to download.
  6. Click the Download icon User uploaded file in the upper-right corner of the item that you want to download. Your song downloads to your library.
    If a song is already in your library, the Download icon won't appear.

Download past purchases from iTunes - Apple Support

Report a problem with an item purchased from the iTunes Store, App Store, Mac App Store, or iBooks Store - Apple Support

Take care.

iPod Shuffle 4th gen plays about three seconds then skips to the next song

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.