Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

nanoKontrol volume slider turning into pitch bend

I am having a problem with my nanoKontrol 2 and mapping it on MainStage 3.1, for some reason yesterday the sliders I had set for volume turned into pitch bend, and now I've tried everything to map it back to volume but it always registers it as pitch bend. I've tried unmapping everything and starting all over again with the mappings. I've tried opening an older version of the file to map again, didn't work. I tried uninstalling and installing MainStage again, nothing. I know i've had a similar problem when mapping to a keyboard but never with the nanoKontrol. Please help!

Posted on Aug 21, 2015 4:44 PM

2 replies

Aug 29, 2015 1:39 PM in response to pnieves3

What CC message is it actually sending?

Under Window->MIDI Message Monitor, click the "Clear" button, and make sure under Filters that all messages are checked.

Move the slider, and then find the Port, Channel and Control Change message number.

Then go into assignments and mappings at the Concert Level, and create new assignment using that CC number to control volume on all channels of the MIDI port.

Remember, the Assignments and Mappings window is context sensitive. If you have a patch selected, then you are only changing settings for that patch, and the same is true for sets.

nanoKontrol volume slider turning into pitch bend

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.