Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I add a recently imported CD to my iPhone 6?

This is not the first time I have imported a CD and added the songs to my iPhone 6, but it is the first time I have encountered difficulties with it. Both my iPhone 6 and iTunes (on MacBook Pro) are updated to iOS 8.4.1 and 12.2.2, respectively. On my iTunes, the CD I just imported shows up under the Recently Added playlist, but when I select the songs they will not drag or copy/paste into my iPhone music or playlists. I have tried clicking the symbol with the three horizontal dots and selected "Add To" and then the name of my phone under "Devices," but that does not work either. Whatever I try to do, I simply cannot get the songs to show up anywhere on my iPhone or under my iPhone on iTunes. As I said before, I have never had this problem before, so I would really appreciate the help! Thank you!

Posted on Aug 21, 2015 9:25 PM

3 replies

Aug 21, 2015 9:35 PM in response to wabatson

ALSO: Under my iPhone on iTunes and under Settings and Music, if I try to check the box for "Sync Music" this message comes up: "Are you sure you want to remove existing music, movies, TV shows, books, and tones from this iPhone and sync with this iTunes library? Music, movies, TV shows, books, and tones synced to 'Megan' from other iTunes libraries will be removed and items will be synced from this iTunes library." I am wondering if anyone could tell me exactly what "items will be synced from this iTunes library" means? I am not sure I understand exactly what music it is referring to.

Aug 22, 2015 5:14 AM in response to wabatson

Hi wabatson,

You may be able to solve this problem by opening the Settings app on your iPhone, scrolling down to Music, and turning off the switch for iCloud Music Library. Now try syncing again. If it works, I believe you can switch iCloud Music Library back on (if you wish) and the music should stay on the iPhone.

Please post a follow-up if this doesn't help. Another community member has provided more detailed information, but we'll have to search for it.

How do I add a recently imported CD to my iPhone 6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.