Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation lock bypass code for Apple Profile manager?

Hi,

I can't find an article talks about Apple Profile manager's Activation lock bypass code.

I heard that Profile manager has a feature to generate the code like other 3rd party MDMs.

Please help me out here.

Posted on Aug 21, 2015 10:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2017 12:10 PM

Unfortunately, you've either acquired an iOS device that was not prepared for resale, or have acquired a device that is indistinguishable from one that was lost or stolen.

Contact the seller and get the activation lock cleared with the original owner, and convince them that this device is yours and follow the instructions for remotely clearing this; that it's your device and not lost or stolen.

Or contact Apple directly, and convince them that this is your device.

There's no work-around for the activation lock other than the original owner or Apple clearing it, either — if there was, that'd just serve to make stealing iOS devices more popular.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2017 12:10 PM in response to starsoheil2007

Unfortunately, you've either acquired an iOS device that was not prepared for resale, or have acquired a device that is indistinguishable from one that was lost or stolen.

Contact the seller and get the activation lock cleared with the original owner, and convince them that this device is yours and follow the instructions for remotely clearing this; that it's your device and not lost or stolen.

Or contact Apple directly, and convince them that this is your device.

There's no work-around for the activation lock other than the original owner or Apple clearing it, either — if there was, that'd just serve to make stealing iOS devices more popular.

Jan 10, 2017 1:46 PM in response to starsoheil2007

Start with the Contact Us page. If there's no local Apple organization and no Apple reseller in your area, then you're left to use the web forms or to make an international phone call to a country with Apple stores or resellers and see if they'll help, or to travel to a location where there are service providers.

Nobody here can help you with this, though. There's no bypass for activation lock, other than what I've described.

Jan 3, 2017 8:59 PM in response to MrHoffman

Hi

I bought a second hand IPad from a web site and no access to previous owner . I have IPad Box with IMEI & Serial Number . In this IPad activate Find my IPad & I don't now Apple ID or Password is set on this Device .

Please help me to find apple Id (Email) or unlock IPad with IMEI & Serial Number .

If i have Email of Owners can send email & ask help from owners . Thank you

Aug 22, 2015 10:07 AM in response to oreoreoreore12

Use Mobile DeviceManagement and Find My iPhone Activation Lock - Apple Supportdiscusses how to manage the activation lock.

The Profile Manager is somewhat simplistic in its capabilities, which means more than a few folks will want or need a third-party MDM.

But — other than the iCloud reset — you can't use any of these tools on an existing and unsupervised device. For that — from the original user — reset and erase the device via iCloud to remove the activation lock, if that's the question here.

Aug 23, 2015 10:25 AM in response to oreoreoreore12

What I am stating that — if the iOS device is already locked, and if the device is not already supervised — then Profile Manager and Configurator and the other tools won't help unlock it. This statement because more than a few questions that get posted on the forums involve attempting to unlock an existing and locked device. To be unlocked here, the iOS device must already be supervised.

Here is the section of the Profile Manager overview that mentions temporarily resetting the PIN.

For managing iOS devices in general and comparisons of Profile Manager and third-party MDM packages, here is an older discussion and here is a feature comparison matrix, and there's also the Mac Enterprise Mailing list (and its large archive) — which be good resources for using and deploying iOS and Mac OS X. For school iOS deployments and similar, see the archives of Fraser Speirs for some details.

Activation lock bypass code for Apple Profile manager?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.