Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep getting a "503 service unavailable" message launching safari after 10.10.5 update. What can I do to fix this?

I keep getting a "503 service unavailable" message after 10.10.5 OS X Yosemite update. What can I do to fix this?

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 22, 2015 1:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2015 8:10 AM

It sounds like your home page is set to a URL that doesn't work. Reset it or clear it in the General tab of the Safari preferences window. Also try launching Safari while holding down the shift key.

3 replies

Aug 22, 2015 1:35 AM in response to rjchambers1210

Troubleshoot Safari extensions and third part plug-ins.

From the Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Extensions tab. Turn that OFF, quit and relaunch Safari to test. If that helped, turn one extension on then quit and relaunch Safari to test until you find the incompatible extension then click uninstall.

If it's not an extensions issue, try troubleshooting third party plug-ins.

Back to Safari > Preferences. This time select the Security tab. Deselect: Allow all other plug-ins. Quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that made a difference, instructions for troubleshooting plugins here.

I keep getting a "503 service unavailable" message launching safari after 10.10.5 update. What can I do to fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.