Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 8.4.1

Why my original USB cables are not working after updating to new IOS 8.4.1.version?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 22, 2015 1:18 AM

5 replies

Aug 22, 2015 5:45 AM in response to Rudegar

Thanks...The computer I am using is the same for all my devices.. As I said only one USB cable is working now and that is the one I used to update with the new version of ISO 8.4.1. for all my devices, Even if use a direct power source plug it will not work. The message I always get is " This Accessory may not be supported" although they are all original ones.

Aug 31, 2015 8:36 PM in response to sameeralkhan

Apple created this issue, apparently intentionally, with the NEW iOS 8.4.1 update. Cables simply stopped working to charge or sync right after a user updated their device. ¡The same cables worked for months with every other iOS 8.x version! Apple SUDDENLY tightened their specs EVEN MORE for "compatibility." Users immediately became confused, stressed, and sometimes put in hazardous situations where they need a reliable device plus charger, especially away from home. People are not being told this information about the cables, and are grasping at wrong advice to address the problem. [Cables can look exactly like Apple's OEM versions, and come from "certified" vendors, but a very small chip in the cable can be SLIGHTLY different from Apple's own miniature chip.] CONCLUSION: The sudden problem is blamed by many on INCONSISTENT behavior by Apple. Users can decide for themselves if this feature of the iOS 8.4.1 update is for essential safety reasons or to drive more people back to the Apple hardware store. If this INFO was helpful, eases your stress, and gets you on the right track faster, then I will be glad to have helped out. As always, look for confirmation of the details if you have time.

IOS 8.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.