Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't access Dropbox via both Chrome and Safari, and can't sync my document with the dropbox client

After I back from china, my dropbox client didn't work any more in my macbook. What's more, I can't access the website of facebook, twitter, and dropbox in Chrome. I keeps getting the error showing in the image below.User uploaded file

Then I tried with Safari, what suprising is, facebook and twitter can be successfully accessed, but dropbox still not. I tried to clean cache of my Chrome, tried OpenDNS, tried to clean DNS data of my laptop. All of them didn't work. But Youtube still works fine.

I tried to ping all the above mentioned website, the results are all "requst times out". I don't know what happened, can any one hel me out?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 22, 2015 8:18 AM

5 replies

Aug 23, 2015 8:27 AM in response to Lavinia Chen

Hello Lavinia Chen,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that after returning from China, you are able to access Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube in Safari, but not the Dropbox website. To begin troubleshooting this situation in Safari, I would suggest reading over and working through the suggested steps located in the attached article below.

Safari 8 (Yosemite): If Safari can’t open a website

Have a great day

Aug 24, 2015 8:17 AM in response to Lavinia Chen

Greetings Lavinia Chen,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

Thank you for replying with extra information. Because the information in the link did not help in resolving your issue, you may consider contacting Apple Support directly. If you would like to contact Apple Support about this issue, please use the next attached link below to do so.

Official Apple Support

Cheers

Can't access Dropbox via both Chrome and Safari, and can't sync my document with the dropbox client

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.