Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad pop up continually ask for iCloud sign in but then rejects it.

Posted on Aug 22, 2015 8:37 AM

6 replies

Aug 23, 2015 9:20 AM in response to Landshark13

Good day Landshark13,

Thank you for contributing to the Apple Support Communities.

It looks like your iPad is asking for your iCloud password, but then rejecting it.

First, restart your iPad and try again. If the same thing happens, try signing in to your iCloud account at iCloud.com.

If you can't sign in at iCloud.com, try the troubleshooting steps in iCloud: If you have trouble signing in to iCloud.com.

All the best.

Aug 23, 2015 10:52 AM in response to jeremy_v

Jeremy, I have three iPads, an iPhone 6s, and an iMac. Only one iPad has this problem. So I don't think this is an iCloud problem. I have restarted the iPad and still the same problem. I have reset everything, restored and still the same problem. This is so frustrating! I believe the problem with this errant iPad began coincident with an upgrade to Ios 8.??

Aug 24, 2015 5:53 AM in response to Landshark13

Hi Landshark13,

Thanks for replying with some additional details.

It looks like the iCloud sign in issue is isolated to just one iPad you use with your iCloud account. You've done some good troubleshooting including restoring the iPad. I can imagine that this would be a frustrating situation.

When you restored your iPad, did you restore it from a backup? If so, try restoring again using iTunes and set it up as a new device--Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings.

Once setup completes, try to sign into your iCloud account again.

If you still can't sign in to iCloud or you've already tried this step, Contact Apple Support using one of these methods: https://getsupport.apple.com/GetproductgroupList.action.

Best Regards.

Aug 24, 2015 8:59 AM in response to Landshark13

You will lose the app data but you never lose the apps that you purchased. They are yours to download again for free whenever you need them or want them again. The only caveats are that you must use the same Apple ID that you used to make the purchases and the apps must still be available in the App Store.

Apps and other content in the iStores can be pulled from time to time so that's why using a computer with an iOS device and being able to transfer purchase to that computer via iTunes can be so important.

More information here.

Download past purchases from iTunes - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.