Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi issues on Mac Air (mid 2013)

About 2 updates ago, I started getting wifi issues on my Mac where it doesn't connect to my AP (Access Point). After 5 minutes of it trying, it will connect. Sometimes I shut the wifi off and turn it back on that that seems to help. With the latest update, I noticed that my mac has a new wifi issue where it connects to the AP but doesn't get internet. I can ping the AP and get an ip address but i cannot reach google.com or any other sites. During this time while my mac is trying to reach the internet, my other laptop (windows 7) and iPad also lost internet! It was working fine right before my Mac was on.

I don't think this is an issue with my AP because my windows laptop/ipad works fine with it. Also before the last 2 updates, my Mac was fine as well. I tried installing this patch but when i did, it says my model is not supported.

MacBook Air (Mid 2013): Troubleshooting Wi-Fi connection issues - Apple Support

I also ran the wireless diagnostic utility and have the tar file. Please let me know if you need it.

Thanks

Info:

Mac Air OSX Yosemite 10.10.5

Access Point - Dlink dir-655 firmware 1.37

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 22, 2015 12:31 PM

3 replies

Aug 22, 2015 5:39 PM in response to sberman

Thanks for your response sermon.

That "learn more" section is all basic rudimentary settings on the router so yes i have read it. There isn't anything special I did on the router besides a simple port forwarding i did for my nanny cam. Also, it doesn't explain why my iPad and windows 7 laptop have no issues until i turn on my mac air. Once my mac receives internet access, those 2 other devices then gets access to the internet. They doesn't lose connection till i awake my mac from sleep.

Oct 6, 2015 10:56 AM in response to baldiesrt

I have the exact same problem with the exact same devices ! I used to bypass the modem/router my service provider installed at home to my Dir-655 dlink router thinking the signal strength would be better and all but about two updates ago the issue began. I went back to the service provider's modem/router again, seems to be working just fine (2 hours into switching back).

Wifi issues on Mac Air (mid 2013)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.