Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trackpad does not work / sticky / unresponsive in anything other than safe mode.

Hello,

The past few days my Macbook Pro 13'' from 2012 trackpad has been spazzing out a lot. It will do whatever I do the opposite of (ex. right click something when I try to left click) zoom in and out on a page randomly, highlight and define words that a scroll over without clicking them, and generally jumps all over the place.

I looked around online for some fixes and I found I should test in safe mode. While in safe mode the trackpad works fine, but when I switch back the trackpad does not work.

So then I found that someone suggest I take out login items that I don't need. I only had 2 login items (internet and dropbox) so I got rid of them both. Still nothing. I've also had these on startup for a while before having problems with the trackpad.

I have not installed any recent programs or apps when having this problem.

I have a wired mouse I use when the trackpad gets really bad. I don't have any problems with the direction, scrolling, etc. but I still get defined words and sometimes the pages will randomly zoom in and out.

I have OSX Mavericks, 7.1.8

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 22, 2015 11:30 AM

3 replies

Trackpad does not work / sticky / unresponsive in anything other than safe mode.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.