Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Media keys on iTunes 12.2.2.25 don't work

Hi, I have always used iTunes as my default media player, but since last update (12.2.2.25) it just doesn't recognize the commands on my keyboard (Logitech K800) or even my mouse (Logitech Performance MX). Both of them are wireless, but I don't think this would be an issue. I tried and tested them on my Netflix app for Windows8 and it's working just fine, leaving the problem to iTunes. Do anyone have this same problem? I'm pretty sure it's iTunes because I have to play/pause it all the time and I saw the issue as soon as I opened iTunes after the update. For what is worth, the other buttons as 'back', 'forward' and 'scroll' are working perfectly on my browser.

I don't know if this would help, but here are my configs: Asus M5A97 R2.0 motherboard, AMD FX8350 4Ghz processor, Corsair Vengeance 1x8GB 1600Mhz RAM, Seagate 2TB Sata III HD, PNY GeForce GTX650 1GB Graphic Card, Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit.

iTunes Media Player-OTHER, Windows 8, 64 bit

Posted on Aug 22, 2015 2:21 PM

53 replies

Aug 23, 2015 7:10 AM in response to gilbertomlf

I've encountered this same problem as well, and I am using a Logitech Wave keyboard (K350) with the corresponding mouse. I've had this crap happen before, but I cannot remember how I fixed it back then. Funny thing is, the play/pause buttons do not work even while iTunes is front and center, but the other keyboard shortcuts work.

EDIT: Found out that running SWTOR simultaneously knocks out the media keys, so check to see if one of your programs are taking over the keys. Now I have to figure out how the heck to get it to stop doing that (never did it before).

Aug 23, 2015 12:09 PM in response to gilbertomlf

I primarily use iTunes while using SWTOR so I figured that something in there must have been conflicting with iTunes. All I did was to "kill" SWTOR via the task manager to make sure it was completely down, then tried the media keys and they worked. Once I launched the application again, the problem arose, so I decided to try running iTunes as an Administrator and that solved the problem.

Aug 24, 2015 7:14 PM in response to ghoekstra

ghoekstra wrote:

I do use other programs while running iTunes, CAD programs and Chrome... but the problem exists even with a reboot and only iTunes running. The only variable that has changed is the update to iTunes 12.2.2.5 last week where prior, things were working fine regardless of programs running to now where they are not.

That's the same problem here. Works fine in every other program, except for iTunes and started in the minute after the update was intalled...

Media keys on iTunes 12.2.2.25 don't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.