Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 screen is broken so I can't put in passcode to backup phone. Is there anything I can do?

Iphone 6 screen is broken so I can't put in passcode to backup phone. Is there anything I can do?

iPhone 6

Posted on Aug 22, 2015 3:11 PM

2 replies

May 4, 2016 11:36 AM in response to agpark

Old thread, but here's the answer. Most likely no. You could plug a wired lightning keyboard in and enter your passcode, but if the touchscreen isn't functional, you won't be able to hit the "Trust" button when you try to backup via iTunes. If you've ever sync'ed with iTunes on that computer before, however, then you may not be asked to Trust your computer. In that case, buy a wired keyboard and unlock your iPhone before plugging into iTunes.

Another option would be to take it to a screen repair shop and ask them if they can temporarily connect a replacement touch screen so you can get in and backup your phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.