Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband 10.1.0 track suddenly echoes, and lags

Hi.

Two issues here. Let's see if I can make it absolutely, 100% crystal clear.

ISSUE 1) UNEXPLAINED, SUDDEN ECHO that can't be removed.

Here's how it goes:

I 'm recording, whether piano, guitar, (electric or acoustic) or vocals.

and suddenly the sound of my instrument, or voice, is delayed. About 1/2 a second.

I sing into the microphone or play a note on the keyboard and the initial sound of the instrument isn't heard - just the delay.

I've asked this question before and no one has answered it, so I'm trying again. I turn "input monitoring" on and off to no avail. Nothing is to any avail. Maybe this happened to you and it's something very simple. Sure is annoying. Right now I'm at the end of a long session and it's come to a dead stop. This has been going on for months. Sometimes it doesn't happen for a long time. Today, it's happening. I'd like to fix it so it's fixed.

Sometimes I quit GB and restart and it's fixed.

ISSUE 2) ON PLAYBACK, TRACK IS BEHIND ALL THE OTHER TRACKS

I play along with my drums or what have you, or sing, and it seems to be all going well-

But upon playback, the track isn't with the click - it's behind it slightly, which means it's garbage. If I try to move the track in its entirety so it's all on the beat, the track will stay with the beat but not through the whole song, even if there hasn't been any cutting and pasting, so toward the end of the song, it's way off again, meaning it's garbage.

I'd like to fix this once and for all so that when I record a track and play it back, it's what I played, not 2 seconds after everything else.

Sad. It's 6:30 and I've been sitting here since noon making music, and i'm at a dead stop.

This is why I miss the days of studios, and engineers, and you just let them handle the engineering. When you add up how much time you have to spend fixing stuff with your computer, or making terrible-sounding music for a long, long time before you begin to understand how to make it sound decent, you might as well pay someone.

I'd rather write songs and play them than be an engineer, or sit allllllll day looking at a screen on a beautiful Saturday.

SIGH

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Aug 22, 2015 5:27 PM

1 reply

Oct 10, 2015 10:03 PM in response to MacLikeMe

October 10, 2015.

Still have the same problem.

This really *****, my friends.

There you are, recording your nice tune on a cool Saturday night, and suddenly...

The piano is off the beat almost a whole step when you listen back.

You stop what you're doing and google "Garageband suddenly lags" and you see your own post from 2 months ago.

All by itself.

SIGH.

I guess I'll just manually move the track so it's with the drums and the guitar.

Sigh.

Garageband 10.1.0 track suddenly echoes, and lags

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.