Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes does not connect to our homegroup or connect to apple tv through air play

itunes does not connect to our homegroup or connect to apple tv through air play

The airplay symbol does not appear in the top ribbon (near the volume control).

Any help very much appreciated

windows 10

Posted on Aug 22, 2015 8:31 PM

3 replies

Aug 24, 2015 6:49 AM in response to james from singapore

Hey james from singapore,

Thanks for the question. If I understand correctly, Airplay is not appearing in iTunes. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream content from iTunes on your computer - Apple Support

If you don't see the AirPlay icon in iTunes

When an AirPlay-enabled device is available, you'll see User uploaded file to the right of the volume slider in iTunes.

If you don't, try these steps:

1. Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes and Apple TV software.
  2. Connect both devices to the same Wi-Fi network. If you're using Ethernet, connect both devices to the same router or hub. If you're using Wi-Fi and Ethernet, connect your AirPlay device to the same router that your computer is using for Wi-Fi.
  3. Restart your computer, AirPlay device, and network router.
  4. On your AirPlay device, make sure that AirPlay is turned on. Some devices have an option to turn AirPlay off. Look for an AirPlay option in Settings, or check the user guide for more information.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a good one

Aug 30, 2015 2:35 AM in response to mario49

Hi Mario49,

Thanks for the reply. I tried this but it did not help.

If it requires bonjour to work, then I think that might be part of the problem. I think somehow bonjour might be turned off and I don't know how to turn it back on. If this is the problem, how do I go about reinstalling bonjour? Or is it better to reinstall iTunes.

Can I reinstall iTunes without having to reinstall all the music and recreating the playlists?

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

James

Aug 30, 2015 6:14 AM in response to james from singapore

Hello james from singapore,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you may need to reinstall iTunes components. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 - Apple Support

Media you've bought from the iTunes Store or songs you've imported from CDs are saved in your My Music folder by default. They won't be deleted by removing iTunes. Although it's highly unlikely that you'll lose any of your iTunes Library when following the steps below, first make sure that your iTunes library is backed up.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a nice day

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.