Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does the number of pages in an iphoto book change to 2 additional ones during assembly?

I'm having a lot of problems with iphoto books. Eg back cover and flap disappear leading to an odd number of pages. Secondly, with another book, two extra pages appear during assembly stage, compared to when reviewing onscreen, then book won't upload. What is going on?

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 23, 2015 12:41 AM

4 replies

Aug 23, 2015 11:23 AM in response to helenafromgarran

With the amount of information you've provided it's impossible to offer a solution. We can't see your computer so we need to know the details of your problem and setup, i.e.:

• what system are you running?
  • what version of iPhoto are you running?
  • what fixes have you tried?
  • where is your library located?
  • did you apply any updates or upgrades just prior to the problem occurring?
  • are you running a "managed" or "referenced" library?
  • what type of Mac?
  • how much free space on your boot drive?
  • what theme are you using?
  • how many pages are in the book?

User uploaded file

Aug 23, 2015 6:46 PM in response to Old Toad

Hello and thanks very much for your reply. Here's a few answers to your questions:

System: OS X 10.6.8

Iphoto: 9.2.3

I've tried Preview - It shows pages 1 and 2 to be what appears to be the front and back covers (incl flaps) plus checking each photo.

Also tried uploading an old book that I had previously bought successfully. It also increased page number by two and failed to upload.

Library: In 'Pictures'

Checked for updates, in frustration, but says "none available"

Not sure what managed v referenced library is.

Mac: 21.5 inch Mid 2010

Free space on boot drive: 156.81 Gb Total space 500 Gb

Theme: 'Picture book'

Pages: 98 (payment page accepts 98 and prices accordingly, but on assembly it says there are 100 pages)

Assembly happens ok, but upload doesn't.

Summary: I'm wondering if the problem is not having updated system or iPhoto, and whether the additional two pages is merely a symptom of that. But, have been reluctant to seek upgrades as everything has worked beautifully until about March/ April this year. Since then I've now had problems with four books. Everything else works fine.

Not sure if the above is of any help to you but would be grateful for any advice.

Helenafromgarran

Aug 24, 2015 9:01 AM in response to helenafromgarran

Assembly happens ok, but upload doesn't.

Users have been having problems for a while now with trying to order from the Apple Print Products store. So far there's not been a solution posted. Report your problem to Apple via http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphoto.html. The more users reporting the problem the more likely they'll get on it right away.

Also call Apple at the appropriate phone number from this Apple Document (Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support), let them know of the problem and ask if they have any idea of when it'll be resolved.

why does the number of pages in an iphoto book change to 2 additional ones during assembly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.