Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Win 10 doesn't have keyboard and trackpad's drivers

Hi every one,

I installed windows 10 using Boot Camp 5 but when windows setup page comes up (the blue one that wants you to set your language & country) there is no mouse pointer to click next or choose your country & language and you either can't choose or go up & down with keyboard to proceed. I think it's because windows 10 doesn't have my macbook's drivers & maybe this could be solved by using boot camp 6 but the problem is there is no update for boot camp waiting in App Store : /

I was wondering what should I do right now?

by the way I've got Macbook 12 inch OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

MacBook, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), null

Posted on Aug 23, 2015 12:05 AM

6 replies

Aug 23, 2015 2:06 AM in response to b-m

Hi,

i had this Problem too with Win 7 Ultimate on a MBP Late 2014 Retina... MB 11,3 Apple Support told me this is the last Mac with Win 7 compatibility and sent me a download link for Bootcamp 5.1 drivers but they didn't work. Same with Win 10. Then i decided to install Win 8.1 pro, and had then no problems with trackpad and keyboard! Did the same with Win 7 Ultimate, had the troubles again. So i installed Win 81. pro and upgraded to Win 10 without any troubles except the lost time.... it takes a lot of time.... Win 10 is downloadable via their installmedia creation tool. As i see, Win 8.1 is the only fully supported Win Version for Bootcamp on newer Macs. Cheers!

Update: found this link it may solve the troubles with Win7 on Late 2014 and newer ones:

Boot Camp Support Software 5.1.5769

Aug 24, 2015 1:47 AM in response to b-m

Hi,

sorry to hear that,

did you create your WININSTALL Device with Bootcamp Assistet ? you can use also a old HD or SSD as i did, with an USB Adapter for this reason, its faster than a stick. After the creation process and extraction of the 5.1.5769 Support Software download (the download will be already extracted in your Download folder), you have to change the Bootcamp drivers on this disk with the downloaded Boot Camp Support Software 5.1.5769 !

Replace completely all, the $WinPEDriver$ and the Bootcamp directory, this new drivers are made to support Win 7 64, but should work with Win 8.1 64 bit too on a 2015 MBP. Good luck and Cheers, let hear if you successful.

User uploaded file

Update: you should give the newly created Bootcamp install disk a try, maybe BCA downloaded this time the correct ones 👿

and, you need a 60 GB BC Partition if you plan a win 10 trip via upgrade.

Oct 13, 2015 3:14 PM in response to b-m

I encountered this problem too -- when trying to install Win 10 (or even Win 8) on the newer Macs, the trackpad and keyboard don't work in the first few screens of the Win 10 installer. I just worked around this by attaching a simple wired USB mouse. That helped me make the selections to move through the installer. Towards the ends of the install process, the Mac's keyboard and trackpad do start working, so if you can just manage to get through the first few screens of the installer using an external mouse, you'll be able to install Win 10.

Note that the problem isn't with Bootcamp itself. The problem seems to be that the basic drivers that the Win 10 installer ships with can't work with the Mac's keyboard and trackpad. Simply using a newer version of Bootcamp will not help. I've tried Bootcamp 5.1.4 that came with Yosemit as well as the newer Bootcamp 6.0 that comes with El Capitan. The bootcamp drivers are not used in the Win 10 setup phase, so they won't help you. As far as I could tell, the only solution is to attach an external mouse.

Win 10 doesn't have keyboard and trackpad's drivers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.