Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Only 2 hours battery life

I charge my iPod overnight and the battery life is getting shorter and shorter, today it only had 2 hours of battery life.

Can I get a new battery? Do I have to buy a new iPod?

Posted on Aug 23, 2015 2:39 AM

1 reply

Aug 24, 2015 9:17 AM in response to GeorgiaFilosa

Greetings Georgia,

The following page has some useful tips for maximizing the battery performance of your iPod shuffle - Apple - Batteries - Maximizing Performance

You do not mention how old the iPod is, but all batteries will wear out with use. This page tells how you may have your iPod's battery replaced if needed - Apple - Batteries - Service and Recycling

Specifically -

User uploaded file

Your battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 400 complete charge cycles. The one-year warranty includes service coverage for a defective battery. If it is out of warranty, Apple offers a battery service for $49 (iPod shuffle), $59 (iPod nano and iPod classic), and $79 (iPod touch), plus $6.95 shipping, subject to local tax.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Be well.

Only 2 hours battery life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.