Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when i try to use my itunes match it asks me to authorise the computer each time..then it proceeds to download my whole library over again ..using all my data allowance !

when i go to use match ..[.sometimes its not there ], i am asked to authorise the computer ..which is already authorised..then i have to add the computer for match .. i only have the one computer and cloud subscription .. it then proceeds to down load my 6000 songs all over again which uses all my data allowance with my provider..its getting to be an expensive glitch . can anyone help/explain .. thanks

iPod classic, Other OS, windows 10

Posted on Aug 23, 2015 12:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2015 7:13 AM

Hi latinlounge,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that when using iTunes Match you are repeatedly prompted to authorize your computer and associate your computer with iTunes Match again.

To begin the troubleshooting process, I would suggest reading over and working through the suggested steps in the attached article below. Once the repeated prompts for computer authorization issue has been resolved, test the iTunes Match association. Please let me know if the issues continue.

If iTunes repeatedly prompts you to authorize your computer - Apple Support

Best regards

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2015 7:13 AM in response to latinlounge

Hi latinlounge,

I understand that when using iTunes Match you are repeatedly prompted to authorize your computer and associate your computer with iTunes Match again.

To begin the troubleshooting process, I would suggest reading over and working through the suggested steps in the attached article below. Once the repeated prompts for computer authorization issue has been resolved, test the iTunes Match association. Please let me know if the issues continue.

If iTunes repeatedly prompts you to authorize your computer - Apple Support

Best regards

Aug 28, 2015 6:24 AM in response to AppleJoe

thanks for the help.. now my computer is authorised again i cant access my itunes match .. it is asking to "add this computer"..even though its the only computer used ..i press add computer but nothing happens ..my subscription is up to date ..also new cds i add dont get added to the cloud , and my playlists wont update ..this is getting pretty frustrating !

Aug 30, 2015 6:11 AM in response to latinlounge

Hi latinlounge,

Thanks for the added information. It seems like the prompts to authorize your computer have stopped but you continue to be asked to add your computer for use with iTunes Match.

To continue troubleshooting, I would suggest logging out of iTunes on your Windows computer. After signing out, follow the steps from the Add a computer section in the attached article below to turn on iTunes Match again. After these steps, iTunes should start matching and uploading your library. Please let us know if the issue continues.

Add your computer, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to iTunes Match - Apple Support

Best regards

when i try to use my itunes match it asks me to authorise the computer each time..then it proceeds to download my whole library over again ..using all my data allowance !

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.