Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homes Sharing iTunes Library. Is it a Dead Feature?

Hey Folks

Hope you can help with this.

Home Sharing of my iTunes library from my Mac to my wives iPad stopped a couple of IOS updates ago. We had hoped with the latest IOS software update the issue would have been solved, but alas no, we still can't share my music off of my Mac onto the iPad.

I have used this feature for years and its always worked, but two updates ago (iPad) the feature stopped as soon as the update had ben installed.

I have used the following link to verify that all my setting are on and that I should still be able to share and all my software across both systems is on the latest version.

IOS 8.4.1

Yosemite 10.10.4

I have tried signing in and out on both the Mac and iPad home sharing options.

Use Home Sharing to share iTunes content with other devices on your home network - Apple Support

Any help would be assistance as I am at my wits end trying to get this to work again.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), Retina 27" 5k Imac

Posted on Aug 23, 2015 3:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2015 5:22 PM

Home sharing to an iOS device currently does not work (it does to another computer), whether this is a permanent change only time will tell.

5 replies

Aug 25, 2015 1:16 AM in response to Bidge

Hi-

One question: do you have iCloud and all (or most) of your music resident there? I believe that is the simplest way. If you have a large library, it's also the best, because your songs reside there and are downloaded at the time you wish to listen to them. This saves hug amount of space on your smaller computer hard drives and mobile devices.

Salspix

Homes Sharing iTunes Library. Is it a Dead Feature?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.