Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I restore none data items from TM to a new computer

As my computer is 10 years old, I've been thinking that I'll probably will have to buy a new one in the near future. This will occur when my current one dies.

I'm using OS 10.6.8 and have Time Machine (TM).

Copying the data files to a new Apple computer isn't a problem.

How would I be able to copy all my current emails and Safari bookmarks across? Is this even possible?

I've thought of various ways of how to do this, for example, restoring 10.6.8 to the new computer and upgrade the system, but how would I do this without a disc?

iMovie '11, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 23, 2015 2:39 AM

2 replies

Aug 23, 2015 4:09 AM in response to macpomaus

You can try using the Migration Assistant with your Time Machine backup to transfer the user account which should include all mail accounts and safari data. You don't want to install an operating system that is older than the one originally shipped with the computer. You can also use iCloud to sync Safari data. If the e-mail is still stored on the mail server, they should download when setting the mail account up on the new computer.

Move your content to a new Mac - Apple Support

How do I restore none data items from TM to a new computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.