Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth can see device but can't pair

The Bluetooth utility, on my Mac Mini mid 2011, can see the magic trackpad as "88-63-df-ed-c1-c6" and gives the option button "pair" to pair to it. When the pairing option is selected, the pairing fails with the message "Couldn't connect to the device". After a few attempts, an additional button option "Advanced' is given which displays an additional button "Advanced option" (or similar message). Choosing this option shows a new window where the device password is shown as "0000" but which does not work. It advises to get password from the original packaging, which I don't have. I've tried a few odd random passwords but nothing works. Is there a way of resetting the password or disabling this requirement? The Magic trackpad works fine with my Macbook Air which is in another room.

Magic trackpad-OTHER, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), Mac Mini (mid 2011) 2GHz, i7, 8GB

Posted on Aug 23, 2015 6:41 AM

There are no replies.

Bluetooth can see device but can't pair

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.