Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can you help me with my formula over multiple pages please

I'm trying to log data over multiple pages so I'm using the following formula to log data from a single page:

SUMIF(test-values,condition,sum-values) however i need the test values and sum values to be found from multiple pages

I've tried various different ways to achieve this but so far no luck

anyone know the solution to this

many thanks

Posted on Aug 23, 2015 7:21 AM

4 replies

Aug 23, 2015 11:41 AM in response to t quinn

Hi thanks for your replies.

i have a single table on multiple sheets one for each day of the week and I'm trying to bring certain data that corresponds from all the tables into 1 table so I'm using the formula that states if the test value corresponds to the condition then show the sum values.

but i can only get it to work on one table and i need it to read from all the tables.

below you can see the day table

User uploaded file

below you can see the table where i need all the corresponding data to arrive

so if a client is on mondays table and wednesday table i want the combined dad to go onto the client report.

User uploaded file

any help much appreciated

Aug 23, 2015 1:44 PM in response to Firefrog11

Hi Firefrog,

I want to suggest a basic modification to your approach.

With the setup you have, it looks to me like you will have over 250 seperate sheets at the end of the year. This will be a nightmare to navigate. Simply to find, say, Hobby's records for July 7th once you are into November will be difficult. Just scrolling thru the sheets will wear you down.

I propose you have one data entry table set up similarly to what you have now but with a date column before the clients name. each row will pertain to one date and one client. At the end of the year, you will have over a thousand rows if you average 3 clients each day. Having all your data in one sheet will make it easy to retrieve client or employee data and extract it to different report tables whether to invoice or payroll.

SUMIFS() is all about retreiving info using multiple conditions.

User uploaded file

My top table is my simplified version of a yearlong data table. Having gotten a slow start July is my first entry. The formula in week =WEEKNUM(date)

The report table sums total hours based on client and week. I think you can expand this to meet your needs. Let me know what you think.

quinn

can you help me with my formula over multiple pages please

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.