Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 4 is not recognizable by my computer. Help?

Every time I plug my iPhone 4 into my laptop, Windows gives me an error saying, "The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it." Can anyone help me? It never use to do this until just recently. It says the USB device drivers are the latest available, and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but of course that did not work because the device is completely unrecognizable by my computer.

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Aug 23, 2015 10:04 AM

1 reply

Aug 25, 2015 8:03 AM in response to fvntum

Hello, fvntum.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that your computer will not recognize your iPhone 4. I am not sure what OS you are using, but will include the steps for Windows 7 and 8. Go to the section in the article that you came from labeled Verify that the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver is installed > Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 > If the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver is not listed > Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8.

iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows

If the issue persists, try all remaining steps in the article.

Cheers

My iPhone 4 is not recognizable by my computer. Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.