Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic and custom patches missing

I just got a bigger hard drive installed in my Imac, and in the process it appears that the technician then cleaned up my Mac deleted the new version of Garageband instead of the old one, because I only had 6.0 on my Mac after the install, and 10.01 was missing.

So when I clicked on Garageband to open it, a message said there are updates to install. I pressed the install button, not knowing that I was using 6.05 instead of 10.01.

So I downloaded 10.01 and installed it and opened it, and was then dismayed to see that my custom patches were missing and all of the Logic instruments and settings such as Arpeggiator were missing.

The name "Logic" doesn't even appear in the left panel anymore in 10.01. It's only "Garageband" and "My Garageband Settings" that are left.

How can I reinstate the settings?

I restarted my Mac from an external drive and was relieved to see that 10.01 opened from that drive and it still shows all of my custom patches and the full range of Logic instruments.

And I found that my custom patches are on that external drive, under my 'Home" folder > Music > Audio Music Patches. I assume I can copy those patches onto the Mac into the Mac's corresponding folder, but how to do I reinstate the Logic instruments and settings?

Tony

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Aug 23, 2015 12:31 PM

2 replies

Aug 23, 2015 8:54 PM in response to tonymax

Do you refer to the user or the Logic system settings?

Keep in mind that the user settings for Logic and GarageBand are now in the sameAudio Music Apps directory where you found your other stuff. Make sure to look into each folder of you old drive and compare what made it to your new drive and what not.

As for the system Logic stuff. If you had it on your old drive, then it must be in the following directory

/Library/Applications Support/Logic/

User uploaded file

Be careful when copying those files over. They are system files with different permissions.If GarageBand won't find them after copying back, then you might have to tinker with the file Permission. You can do that to some extend in the Get Infor Window if you are not familiar with messing with Unix code in the Terminal.

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Aug 24, 2015 11:31 PM in response to EdgarRothermich

Thanks so much Edgar!

Your graphic is very clear.

For future reference, I wrote notes about the locations you marked in red.

I figured that reinstalling the sounds would be safer than tinkering with system files, because as you noted, it's tricky to do so, and I'm not good at such technical stuff.

And I noticed in Mainstage ≥ Download Additional Contents that many components were no longer installed on my Mac, so I reinstalled those. It took many hours to do that because the downloading is so slow.

But when I reopened Garageband, I was relieved to see that my sounds had been restored!

Tony

Logic and custom patches missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.