Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps downloaded from Mac App Store are not working.

I just purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store and it is working great on my MacBook Pro. My wife wants to use the program as well. We have a family account through Apple, so she went to my purchased items in the App Store and downloaded 1Password successfully. Once it is downloaded, it will not open, the icon bounces once when it is clicked and then does nothing.

She then tried downloading a program from the Mac App Store that she had previously had on her Macbook, Evernote, and it does not work either, the icon bounces once when it is clicked and then does nothing. At first I thought it was a problem with 1Password, but now it appears there is some other problem.

She has one of the older plastic white MacBooks. According to the information on the machine, it is from late 2009. She is running the most recent software, Yosemite (v 10.10.5).

Does anyone know what the issue is and how we can get it to work? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MacBook, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 23, 2015 1:01 PM

2 replies

Aug 23, 2015 1:16 PM in response to strider7476

Third party websites that store your personal data are subject to being hacked. As an example, LastPass was hacked in June. Read here.

You are much better off allowing your Mac's Keychain Access utility store your login data.

There have been many complaints regarding 1Password in Apple Support Communities as noted from an ASC search here.

If you are using Safari, go to Safari > Preferences > Passwords then select: AutoFill user names and passwords

The next time you visit a website enter your user name and password. Safari will prompt you to save that data to a new keychain. So all that information is stored on your Mac not a third party website.

Oct 12, 2015 9:14 AM in response to strider7476

The last post here was mostly about convincing people to not use 1Password. As a long-time 1Password user and someone who strongly encourages user to use a password manager. I'd like to make sure this thread doesn't end with the idea that "password managers are vulnerable".

As for the original problem: An app that is launched and immediately quits has either crashed, or it's been told you don't have permission to run it. Either way, there should be some evidence in Console.

Apps downloaded from Mac App Store are not working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.