Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I use a mac without the store?

Hi I like to use my mac with out the store. Somehow I cant get free updates without giving Bankdata over the internet. I do not intend to give any of my bank data to Apple. How can I get the free updates anyway?

Is there a way to minimize the spam and popup of macs update warnings. This really lowers my user comfort..!

I payed for my mac with real money. However I don't know that I have to be part of those shady marketing strategys. This is realy disapointing. May be I got things wrong at first stepps... How can I remove my "macID"? I think I dont need it any more...

best NoSore

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), lost track of updates...

Posted on Aug 23, 2015 1:36 PM

10 replies

Aug 24, 2015 4:19 AM in response to NOStore

I get updates from the App Store, and apple does not have any bank details of mine.

If you go into your account, in the section about your card is there not an option to click none.

Some updates will be available via the Appl Support Download Pages. the first page will show you the most recent updates, and if you click Browse By

Product you can dig about for others. As said before not all updates are available here, such as Safari.https://support.apple.com/downloads/

If you go to System Preferences, App Store you can stop the notification of updates and stop automatically downloading updates.

How can I use a mac without the store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.