Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am very disappointed in Apple. My recently bought iPod Touch 4g cannot download most apps including Facebook and Messenger because "I need ios 7 and above" to download it. I need to download these 2 apps. Please help?

I am very disappointed in Apple. My recently bought iPod Touch 4g cannot download most apps including Facebook and Messenger because "I need ios 7 and above" to download it but iPod Touch 4g only goes up to ios6. I need to download these 2 apps. Please help?

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Aug 23, 2015 5:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2015 6:10 PM

Hate to break it to you, but your 4th gen touch is probably 3 years old and a discontinued model. The current models are the 5th and 6th gen.

You bought an old model with an old iOS operating system. (the current is iOS8 with 9 due out in a month or three, you are running 6)

If you've synced your touch with your computer you can try to use iTunes to download the apps, which may allow you to get older versions of the apps, if they are still available.

or, I have no idea where you bought your touch but you could always consider returning it and getting a newer model that will have a longer compatibility.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2015 6:10 PM in response to mirchyelalen

Hate to break it to you, but your 4th gen touch is probably 3 years old and a discontinued model. The current models are the 5th and 6th gen.

You bought an old model with an old iOS operating system. (the current is iOS8 with 9 due out in a month or three, you are running 6)

If you've synced your touch with your computer you can try to use iTunes to download the apps, which may allow you to get older versions of the apps, if they are still available.

or, I have no idea where you bought your touch but you could always consider returning it and getting a newer model that will have a longer compatibility.

I am very disappointed in Apple. My recently bought iPod Touch 4g cannot download most apps including Facebook and Messenger because "I need ios 7 and above" to download it. I need to download these 2 apps. Please help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.