Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to cut the end of a track, but I don't know how to select the part I want to cut. I end up selecting the part that I don't want to cut. I can't find specific info on how to select a region.

I am trying to cut the end of a track (after the fade) but I am having trouble selecting the region. When I try to cut it I end up selecting everything but the region I want to cut. I am new to GarageBand so this may be a dumb question but , help!

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on Aug 23, 2015 6:33 PM

2 replies

Aug 25, 2015 6:39 AM in response to Mars Hill

Hi Mars Hill,

I see that you want to do some editing on your tracks in GarageBand. I will link you to a resource below with the information you seek, as well as lots of other helpful information to help you become proficient at using GarageBand!

Trim an audio region

1. Place the pointer over the lower-left or lower-right edge of the region.

The pointer changes to a trim pointer.

2. Drag the pointer over the part you want to trim. As you drag, the help tag shows the region length and the amount by which it is trimmed.

User uploaded file

GarageBand Help: Edit audio regions in the Audio Editor

http://help.apple.com/garageband/mac/10.0/#gbnd1900dc0c

Thanks for being a part of the Apple Support Communities!

Aug 25, 2015 9:46 AM in response to Mars Hill

Mars Hill wrote:

I am new to GarageBand so this may be a dumb question but , help!

braden85 (the Schweinsteiger fan) answered your resize question already.

In general, when you look for answers, just go to the "Help Menu ➤ GarageBand Help". This opens the Help Viewer with the searchable manual for GarageBand

User uploaded file

Also, there is a feature called "Quick Help". Enable the question mark button in the Control Bar. This opens a floating window. Now where ever you move the mouse over or click on something, that little window gives you a short description of that area or object. For example, when you move the mouse pointer over a Region, the text gives you exactly the answer you were looking for "drag the lower edges to resize".

User uploaded file

If you need a more visual explanation of GarageBand, I made a lite-version of my graphically enahnced manul "GarageBand X - How it Works", available for free on my website http://DingDingMusic.com/GEM/

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

I am trying to cut the end of a track, but I don't know how to select the part I want to cut. I end up selecting the part that I don't want to cut. I can't find specific info on how to select a region.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.