Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All ibooks missing after restore?

Just got a new iPhone 6, had backed up my 4s, and then restored the backup to my new 6. I just opened up iBooks for the first time, and for two seconds, I could see all my books (which shouldn't be there if they weren't transferred to the phone, considering they were never on this phone). Then suddenly, they all deleted at random. If I go into the Usage in my settings, it shows 12.8MB of Documents and Data, despite no books being there?? Any ideas on what I can do to get them back?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1, iTunes 12.1.1.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 23, 2015 10:16 PM

4 replies

Aug 24, 2015 12:52 AM in response to GreenGoodness

This exact some issue just happened on my wife iPad Air. She opened up iBooks to read for the night and all her ePub and PDFs have disappeared. They are all able to be seen and read in iBooks OSX, and can be transferred to the iPad from the mac through iTunes, but when iBooks IOS is opened, they are not there. I have been plugging away at this for the last 5 hours and have not come up with anything. here is what I have done:

Rebooted Mac Book (10.10.5)

Rebooted iPad

Removed and reinstalled iTunes OSX (12.2.1.16)

logged out and back in again iTunes OSX, iBooks OSX

logged out and back in again iTunes IOS, iBooks IOS

Restored iPad from backup

Restored iPad as new with fresh IOS install (IOS 8.4.1)

Here's what happens when I sync iTunes while iBooks on iPad is open. I can watch the books being installed, and then they disappear. Seriously, like they were deleted right after install. iTunes (on the mac) indicates that they are installed, but when I hit sync again, it tries to reinstall the books.

A little help would be nice.

All ibooks missing after restore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.