Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Options showing on Boot Camp Assistant Software ..

Hello team,

Apologize because of disturbing you but I would like to install Windows 10 as a Boot Camp drive. I have followed the instructions that available on the Apple and other websites with no luck!. The reason is that boot camp assistant software is not asking me in which destination you want to install the Windows ?! ..

Once I select the iso file, it pushed me to resize partition dialog and then install it !!

What happened ?! I'm using MACOSX 10.11 El Captain Developer 7

Thank you,

Mac Pro (Late 2013), Mac OS X (10.0.x), 1TB, 12GB RAM

Posted on Aug 23, 2015 9:53 PM

14 replies

Aug 29, 2015 6:00 AM in response to abuali1981

ELC is not public yet. And ELC/Bootcamp are further complicated.

Once I select the iso file, it pushed me to resize partition dialog and then install it !!

This is normal. Once you choose a size for Windows, BCA should reboot the Mac and start the Windows Installer.

Please see

How to install Windows using Boot Camp - Apple Support

https://help.apple.com/bootcamp/mac/5.0/help/

Sep 12, 2015 12:42 AM in response to Loner T

Dear Loner,

Thank you because of your reply. Firstful, I managed to solve "download windows software issues"by switching the internet to the second line. However, I have got another issues which is:

1) While running the Boot Camp Assistant app, I don't see any option as I mentioned above even usb create installer !. Once I open the application, it pushed me automatically to resize section and select the iso section !

2) The second issue is, after I switched the internet to second line, the windows software downloaded without asking me where do I have to save it ?! In addition, My MAC Pro "late 2013 version" rebooted and the windows installer is booting and coming up.

3) The third issue is, once it coming up, it asked me where I have to install the windows, I selected boot Camp drive but it does not accept it ?! it asked me to read the setup file log ?! even I formatted it with NTFS ?!

Can you help me please ?

Sep 12, 2015 8:02 AM in response to abuali1981

You are comparing the behavior of ELC 6.0 BC Assistant with BCA 5.1.4 with these screen shots, which is not valid. If your MP 2013 does not ask to create a USB Installer, you should continue and follow the remainder of the process.

Since it does not need a USB installer, it does not need to save the Windows software on a user device. It will use it as necessary. Your MP is a UEFI Mac, and does not need the Preboot Environment. The generic drivers on Windows installer are sufficient to start and complete the installation. BC drivers can be installed once complete. They can be directly installed from the Windows side, using Apple Software Update.

Can you post a screen shot of the error message from the Windows Installer, if possible?

Sep 15, 2015 1:38 PM in response to Loner T

Dear Loner,

I really don't know how to say thanks to you ?! ... You have saved my life and money ?! ... I have disconnected all external disks as you suggested and deleted strange extra volume was there and it worked ?! ...

I have installed Windows 8.1 Pro and now Im updating it to Windows 10 😉 ..

Thank you again and God bless you dear ..

No Options showing on Boot Camp Assistant Software ..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.