Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Only 2GB of RAM available on Windows 64-Bit Boot Camp install.

I have a mid 2014 MacBook Pro 15" running Windows 10 64-bit on Bootcamp 6. My issue is that I have 16GB of RAM which windows has recognized however it's only every using 2GB. My MacBook is therefore struggling to run CAD programs like Revit. Is there a away to allow windows to use all of the RAM? Is this a windows issue or a Boot Camp issue?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), Other OS

Posted on Aug 23, 2015 11:56 PM

10 replies

Aug 30, 2015 5:14 AM in response to Jerome Morrow

In the Resource Monitor screen, you can see the distribution of 16GB of physical memory across various types. If a specific process needs more, it can allocate more. If you notice there is 10Gb of Standby memory. On the OS X Activity Monitor, you will see a similar screen

User uploaded file

32-bit programs also have memory address space limits, which you should factor in on such screens. From what you have posted so far, it is good to see Standby memory and available memory both.

Only 2GB of RAM available on Windows 64-Bit Boot Camp install.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.