Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Working with frame-based footage

What's the best way to import and work with a video content in FCP7 that is in frames (and not full video files) to avoid clutter. Is nesting sequences the best way? And how do I change my settings so when I import them they play at the right FPS. It seems like when I import images in the timeline (whether one image or a series of them), they take 10 seconds for each image. How can I change this, so they play at let's say 24 fps? Simply changing the time based in the sequence settings is not helping me.

I am importing these image files from Blender.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro (17-inch Mid 2010)

Posted on Aug 23, 2015 9:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2015 11:43 PM

I find it is easiest to work with an image sequence in FCP-7 by making it a .mov file before ingesting it. If you do this, then it just becomes a regular clip that you handle in the regular way.

Fortunately this is very easy to do.

Open QuickTime 7 and go to the menu File > Open Image Sequence . . .

and navigate to and select the first frame of the image sequence.

Click Open and you will be prompted to select the frame rate you want the images to run at, for example, 29.97 fps.

Click OK, and QuickTime will open displaying the first frame. You can play it and check it (although depending on the horsepower of your computer it may not play in real time).

Now, in QuickTime, go to the menu File > Export.

When the export pane open, set your Export Options to Movie to QuickTime Movie.

Then click the options button and set the video as you prefer, for example ProRes 422 29.97 fps 1920X1080.

Click OK, navigate to where you want the file stores and set the name to the name you want for the file and click Save.

The movie will be created from the stills.

Once complete, import into FCP-7.

MtD

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2015 11:43 PM in response to PPLIFE

I find it is easiest to work with an image sequence in FCP-7 by making it a .mov file before ingesting it. If you do this, then it just becomes a regular clip that you handle in the regular way.

Fortunately this is very easy to do.

Open QuickTime 7 and go to the menu File > Open Image Sequence . . .

and navigate to and select the first frame of the image sequence.

Click Open and you will be prompted to select the frame rate you want the images to run at, for example, 29.97 fps.

Click OK, and QuickTime will open displaying the first frame. You can play it and check it (although depending on the horsepower of your computer it may not play in real time).

Now, in QuickTime, go to the menu File > Export.

When the export pane open, set your Export Options to Movie to QuickTime Movie.

Then click the options button and set the video as you prefer, for example ProRes 422 29.97 fps 1920X1080.

Click OK, navigate to where you want the file stores and set the name to the name you want for the file and click Save.

The movie will be created from the stills.

Once complete, import into FCP-7.

MtD

Working with frame-based footage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.