Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is bootcamp 6?

I am all updated and only have bootcamp 5.1.4 (500).

How do I get Bootcamp 6? I already have Windows 10 installed thinking I had the latest bootcamp, but I do not have usb 3.0 and other various issues.

App store says I have no updates, and my late 2012 mac is in the list of W10 compatible computers.

Posted on Aug 24, 2015 3:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2015 4:39 AM

When you ran BC to install Windows 10, did you choose the option to D/L Windows software to a USB stick? The downloaded software IS Boot Camp 6.

5 replies

Aug 24, 2015 4:58 AM in response to Brave01Heart

Well, I have found out that the utility on OSX is "Bootcamp Assistant" v5.1.4 (not Bootcamp), and from there you download Bootcamp 6.
I downloaded it to a formated USB and ran the bootcamp setup in Windows 10.
But, I still do not have usb 3.0, and I have problems with my mouse not clicking properly. I had done a fresh install of W10.

Aug 25, 2015 5:22 PM in response to Loner T

Thanks for the tips. I had already tried the repair function of bootcamp, but it said no problems. I restarted a few times, and unplugged my external hdd and 3.0 usb hub. They finally just started working as 3.0 usb. I had transfered files before and the same files after, and speeds are 4x faster now. Not sure what the issue was.

Still have issue with logicool g700 mouse double clicking. And windows 10 is super slow to load. Even slower after a fresh install. I will keep updating and see how if it gets better. At least I got all my games going. Origin was being weird till I reinstalled it.

Where is bootcamp 6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.