Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello. Is there a way I can make the screen recording quality to H

Hello.

I am using a Macbook Pro-13 inch with retina display running on OS X Yosemite.

I would like to know how to make the quality to HD on Quicktime Player when I record the screen.

When I uploaded a Quicktime Player recording a screen, I noticed the quality was pretty bad.

Is there a way I can change it High quality?

I am using the version 10.4.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 24, 2015 5:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2015 7:16 AM

Hello Granite X,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

From your post I understand that you'd like to save a screen recording as high quality or HD. To do this all you need to do is make sure and export your finished screen recording as either 720p or 1080p.

In QuickTime Player, choose File > Export.

• In the dialog that appears, enter a filename for the exported movie and choose a location for the file.
  • Choose an option from the Format menu.

The resolutions and data rates listed for each export option are the maximum possible resolutions and data rates. The exact resolution and data rate of an exported movie varies depending on the characteristics of the original movie.

• 720p: Creates a copy of the movie using 7.5 Mbit/s H.264 with up to a 1280 x 720 resolution. Movies created using this option are suited for a Mac or PC.

• 1080p: Creates a copy of the movie using 10 Mbit/s H.264 with up to a 1920 x 1080 resolution. Movies created using this option are suited for a Mac or PC.

QuickTime Player 10.x: Export a movie in another format

Have a good one.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2015 7:16 AM in response to Granite X

Hello Granite X,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

From your post I understand that you'd like to save a screen recording as high quality or HD. To do this all you need to do is make sure and export your finished screen recording as either 720p or 1080p.

In QuickTime Player, choose File > Export.

• In the dialog that appears, enter a filename for the exported movie and choose a location for the file.
  • Choose an option from the Format menu.

The resolutions and data rates listed for each export option are the maximum possible resolutions and data rates. The exact resolution and data rate of an exported movie varies depending on the characteristics of the original movie.

• 720p: Creates a copy of the movie using 7.5 Mbit/s H.264 with up to a 1280 x 720 resolution. Movies created using this option are suited for a Mac or PC.

• 1080p: Creates a copy of the movie using 10 Mbit/s H.264 with up to a 1920 x 1080 resolution. Movies created using this option are suited for a Mac or PC.

QuickTime Player 10.x: Export a movie in another format

Have a good one.

Hello. Is there a way I can make the screen recording quality to H

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.