Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Broken images and styles not loading

All of a sudden I tried to open Amazon UK today and the images aren't loading, instead there are the empty boxes with a blue question mark icon. I have tried clearing the cache by removing cache.db file, I have checked all Safari's settings, disabled extensions, cleared cookie data for amazon, and I have been searching for a solution for the last couple of hours.

At one point the problem appeared to be solved, but as soon as I went to log in to amazon, all the styles disappeared and it was a white page with standard text all in a jumble.

I have the same problem on People per hour as well. For some reason all other sites appear to be fine.

Please help!!!!!!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Aug 24, 2015 5:59 AM

11 replies

Aug 24, 2015 6:04 AM in response to lcpanda

With Safari open if you see Develop in between Bookmarks and Window at the top of your screen click Develop.

If Disable Images is checked, click there once to uncheck then quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If Disable Images was not checked, troubleshoot Safari third party plug-ins.

Back to Safari > Preferences. This time select the Security tab. Deselect: Allow all other plug-ins. Quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that made a difference, instructions for troubleshooting plugins here.

Broken images and styles not loading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.