Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

after 8.4.1 update cannot sign in to imessage or facetime

I have an ipad with wifi and 3g, location services are working and set to auto, the time and location are correct. I am signed into itunes and icloud. icloud files are visible and can be opened. What I cannot do is sign in to facetime and imessage. Over the last few days I have updated both my iphone and ipad to ios 8.4.1 and installed whatsapp on my iphone I cannot believe whatsapp on my iphone has affected my ipad. Iphone is working perfectly with facetime and imessage both working. Ipad model is MD370B/A. I have done normal things such as resetting, signed out of everything and then managed only to sign back in to itunes and icloud all in various combinations. Check support communities but so far no joy. Any ideas as to what I should do next? Thanks - David

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 6

Posted on Aug 24, 2015 3:50 AM

2 replies

Aug 24, 2015 10:00 AM in response to davze

Well I tried again, I logged out using, Settings, iTunes & App Store, select the blue Apple ID line, sign out. Turn iPad off, Switch iPad on sign in , in Settings, iTunes & App Store and then signed in in Facetime and imessage and this time it accepted each log in without problem. ALMOST UNBELIEVABLE BUT IT HAPPENED. Now all working.

after 8.4.1 update cannot sign in to imessage or facetime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.