Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

share library with family overseas via cloud

Hi

I am in Australia and want to share the contents of my iPod shuffle with my family in Greece. Is this possible? If so, how?

Thanks

🙂

Windows 8

Posted on Aug 24, 2015 4:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2015 7:01 PM

Hello there, Claudiajune.

It sounds l like you want to share photos from your iPod shuffle via iCloud. Although the iPod shuffle does not meet the system requirements, you can upload the photos to iCloud from your Mac or PC. The following Knowledge Base article is a great resource to help you:

iCloud Photo Sharing FAQ - Apple Support

With iCloud Photo Sharing, you can share photos and videos with just the people you choose, and you can let them add their own photos, videos, and comments. Friends and family can subscribe to your shared albums to view them on all of their devices, leave comments, and get notified automatically when you add new photos and videos.

What do I need to use iCloud Photo Sharing?

To use iCloud Photo Sharing, you need an iCloud account (Apple ID), compatible devices, and up-to-date software:

• iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iOS 7 or later
  • Mac using OS X Mavericks v10.9 or later and either iPhoto 9.5 or Aperture 3.5
  • Apple TV with Apple TV software 6.0 or later
  • PC using Windows 7 or later and iCloud for Windows (or iCloud Control Panel 3.1 or later)

If you enabled the Public Website option when you set up your shared album, your friends and family can view your photos and videos from any current web browser using a link that you provide.

Learn how to set up iCloud on all your devices.

How do I turn on iCloud Photo Sharing?

After you update your devices and set up your iCloud account, it’s easy to turn on iCloud Photo Sharing on any of your devices:

• iOS device: Go to Settings > iCloud > Photos and turn on iCloud Photo Sharing.
  • Mac:
    1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences.
    2. Click iCloud, then select Photos.
    3. Turn on Photo Sharing in one of these applications:
      • iPhoto: Choose iPhoto > Preferences. Click iCloud, then select Photo Sharing.
      • Aperture: Choose Aperture > Preferences. Click iCloud, then select Photo Sharing.
  • Apple TV: Go to Settings > iCloud > iCloud Photos Settings and turn on Photo Sharing.
  • PC: Open iCloud for Windows (or iCloud Control Panel) and select Photos. Click the Options button to verify that iCloud Photo Sharing is on and adjust the settings. Click Apply when you're done.

If you're using earlier versions of iOS, iCloud Control Panel, iPhoto, or Aperture, you can still create and view shared albums.

Once you've gotten setup, then here's how to create your album to share:

How do I create a shared album?

Creating a shared album is as easy as selecting the photos and videos you'd like to share from a compatible device, then selecting the people with whom you'd like to share. Invitations to your shared album can be sent to a person’s email address or a phone number used for iMessage.

Can I share with people who don't use iCloud?

Yes. If you enable Public Website in the settings for your shared album, your photos will be published to a website that anyone can view in an up-to-date web browser.

Can people comment on my photos and videos?

Yes. Friends and family with an iCloud account and a compatible device can leave comments and like photos from your shared album. You'll be notified automatically when they do, and they'll be notified if anyone comments back. Learn more about comments in shared albums.

Can I add new photos or videos to a shared album I've already created?

Yes. You can add more photos or videos any time you like. Subscribers to the shared album will be notified automatically.

Thanks for being a part of Apple Support Communities.

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2015 7:01 PM in response to Claudiajune

Hello there, Claudiajune.

It sounds l like you want to share photos from your iPod shuffle via iCloud. Although the iPod shuffle does not meet the system requirements, you can upload the photos to iCloud from your Mac or PC. The following Knowledge Base article is a great resource to help you:

iCloud Photo Sharing FAQ - Apple Support

With iCloud Photo Sharing, you can share photos and videos with just the people you choose, and you can let them add their own photos, videos, and comments. Friends and family can subscribe to your shared albums to view them on all of their devices, leave comments, and get notified automatically when you add new photos and videos.

What do I need to use iCloud Photo Sharing?

To use iCloud Photo Sharing, you need an iCloud account (Apple ID), compatible devices, and up-to-date software:

• iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iOS 7 or later
  • Mac using OS X Mavericks v10.9 or later and either iPhoto 9.5 or Aperture 3.5
  • Apple TV with Apple TV software 6.0 or later
  • PC using Windows 7 or later and iCloud for Windows (or iCloud Control Panel 3.1 or later)

If you enabled the Public Website option when you set up your shared album, your friends and family can view your photos and videos from any current web browser using a link that you provide.

Learn how to set up iCloud on all your devices.

How do I turn on iCloud Photo Sharing?

After you update your devices and set up your iCloud account, it’s easy to turn on iCloud Photo Sharing on any of your devices:

• iOS device: Go to Settings > iCloud > Photos and turn on iCloud Photo Sharing.
  • Mac:
    1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences.
    2. Click iCloud, then select Photos.
    3. Turn on Photo Sharing in one of these applications:
      • iPhoto: Choose iPhoto > Preferences. Click iCloud, then select Photo Sharing.
      • Aperture: Choose Aperture > Preferences. Click iCloud, then select Photo Sharing.
  • Apple TV: Go to Settings > iCloud > iCloud Photos Settings and turn on Photo Sharing.
  • PC: Open iCloud for Windows (or iCloud Control Panel) and select Photos. Click the Options button to verify that iCloud Photo Sharing is on and adjust the settings. Click Apply when you're done.

If you're using earlier versions of iOS, iCloud Control Panel, iPhoto, or Aperture, you can still create and view shared albums.

Once you've gotten setup, then here's how to create your album to share:

How do I create a shared album?

Creating a shared album is as easy as selecting the photos and videos you'd like to share from a compatible device, then selecting the people with whom you'd like to share. Invitations to your shared album can be sent to a person’s email address or a phone number used for iMessage.

Can I share with people who don't use iCloud?

Yes. If you enable Public Website in the settings for your shared album, your photos will be published to a website that anyone can view in an up-to-date web browser.

Can people comment on my photos and videos?

Yes. Friends and family with an iCloud account and a compatible device can leave comments and like photos from your shared album. You'll be notified automatically when they do, and they'll be notified if anyone comments back. Learn more about comments in shared albums.

Can I add new photos or videos to a shared album I've already created?

Yes. You can add more photos or videos any time you like. Subscribers to the shared album will be notified automatically.

Thanks for being a part of Apple Support Communities.

Cheers.

share library with family overseas via cloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.