Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 8.0.8 responding very slowly. problem started since Yosemite 10.10.4 update.

My safari browser is responding very very slowly to all webpages and even to any actions. The waiting icon appears if i even try to open the menu bar. This problem is persisting since Yosemite 10.10.4 update. It won't even let me quit after I open Safari. I have to Force Quit every time. Everything seems to run normal in Chrome browser. Problem exists only in Safari.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 24, 2015 5:15 AM

4 replies

Aug 24, 2015 5:18 AM in response to ilaukikt

Update your OS X software to v10.10.5 then try Safari.

Open the App Store then select Updates from the menu.

Your Mac may restart several times on it's own during the update process. That's normal.

If updating does not solve Safari issue, troubleshoot Safari extensions and third part plug-ins.

From the Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Extensions tab. Turn that OFF, quit and relaunch Safari to test. If that helped, turn one extension on then quit and relaunch Safari to test until you find the incompatible extension then click uninstall.

If it's not an extensions issue, try troubleshooting third party plug-ins.

Back to Safari > Preferences. This time select the Security tab. Deselect: Allow all other plug-ins. Quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that made a difference, instructions for troubleshooting plugins here.

Aug 24, 2015 7:21 AM in response to ilaukikt

Safari/Preferences/Advanced - enable the Develop menu, then go there and Empty Caches. Quit/reopen Safari and test. Then try Safari/History/Show History and delete all history items. Quit/reopen Safari and test. You can also try try Safari/Clear History and Web Site Data. The down side is it clears all cookies.Doing this may cause some sites to no longer recognize your computer as one that has visited the web site. Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library./Caches/com.apple.Safari/Caches.db and move it to the trash.

Safari Corruption See post by Linc Davis

Safari 8.0.8 responding very slowly. problem started since Yosemite 10.10.4 update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.