Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App store has stopped updating apps:

I first noticed my Apple Music was unresponsive, so I closed all apps and restarted my iPhone 6+. No success with Apple Music playback, so I looked in app store to update any apps that needed it, but App Store just hangs, while providing no updates. Also related: trying to enter Settings>iCloud or Music freezes the settings page. Have looked at other threads and seems to be a new problem, but didn't see anyone mention the app store freezing.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 24, 2015 5:49 AM

4 replies

Aug 24, 2015 11:31 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

did the settings reset, which made me re-customize my previous setting (expected), but this only worked for a couple of hours. settings continue to hang when I try to open app store or music settings. apple music worked for a bit, but now has returned to freezing and not playing anything (including my imatch cloud-stored music). this is only an issue on the iphone. everything seems to work fine on imac.

Aug 27, 2015 7:39 PM in response to ciscotron

Hi ciscotron. I'm facing the same problem as you. My iCloud/App Store in settings freeze after i open Apple Music. Also music won't play and apps won't update/download. (the download circle keeps spinning with no progress). After i restart the iPhone 6+, i'm able to access icloud/app store in settings, but only for a while before it freezes again. And the cycle repeats. I've tried restoring from backup, but the issue still persist.

iPhone 6+, 8.4.1

App store has stopped updating apps:

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.