Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air to Apple TV without WiFi?

I have an iPhone 6 and a Mac Air computer. I know Apple TV will mirror my Mac and also sync to my phone to play music/videos, but I don't have wifi at home due to living in a rural area. Is there any possible way i can play movies wirelessly from my Mac to my tv with my Apple TV? Are there any third party programs that can sync through bluetooth maybe?

Also I still can't sync my phone to Apple TV even though I know the peer-to-peer is supposed to work with iOS8 or later. I don't know what that's about.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Aug 24, 2015 6:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2015 7:46 AM

not sure if you think wifi is what it is

wifi is a box you own which makes a wireless network in your house

that wifi box also called a wireless router can in terms be connected to the internet if need be but does not need to be

bluetooth is too slow and not supported for steaming video

but you can setup a wifi network everywhere and it need no internet access to work just like one can with a wired ethernet network

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2015 7:46 AM in response to savanna jarman

not sure if you think wifi is what it is

wifi is a box you own which makes a wireless network in your house

that wifi box also called a wireless router can in terms be connected to the internet if need be but does not need to be

bluetooth is too slow and not supported for steaming video

but you can setup a wifi network everywhere and it need no internet access to work just like one can with a wired ethernet network

Aug 24, 2015 7:54 AM in response to savanna jarman

As Rudegar points out, your actual location should have nothing to do with whether you have wifi or not.

You can go to any electronics store and buy a wifi router and have Wifi. It will not have an internet connection, but there will be Wifi.

Assuming you have some form of internet access, it is then very likely you can connect your internet access to a wifi router, and have internet over Wifi.

Macbook Air to Apple TV without WiFi?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.