Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6 not vibrating after upgrade to 8.4.1

I recently upgraded to the 8.4.1 OS and my phone stopped vibrating when I receive calls, texts, etc. I've checked the settings and it's set to vibrate even in silent mode. It doesn't even vibrate when I try to test other vibration options in the settings area. I've restarted my phone several times as well. I have to keep my phone on silent while I'm at work, so I'm missing calls all day long. Help!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 24, 2015 8:40 AM

5 replies

Aug 25, 2015 11:11 AM in response to smash8

Hi smash8,

If you are having issues with your iPhone not vibrating as it should when you receive calls, you may want to try some things to troubleshoot.

First, quit all running applications and test again -

Force an app to close in iOS

Next, I would try restarting and if needed resetting the iPhone -

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue is still present, you may want to restore the iPhone as a new device -

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best to you.

Sep 17, 2015 8:45 AM in response to smash8

My phone was also not vibrating. I enabled/disabled then re-enabled and nothing. I remembered that in the past when vibrate was functioning I had also enabled the led lights for notifications. I think when I disabled the led lights it somehow also disabled the vibrating (bug). Now its working.

This is what I did.

1. enabled the led lights.

2. text myself from a different phone, to verify the led light was on. When the text came in the phone led light flashed and it also vibrated.

3. I disabled the led lights.

4. text myself again, and this somehow fixed my problem. The vibrate function is working. Must be a bug, but I'm afraid to re-create it.

Hope this helps you.

Sep 19, 2015 7:26 PM in response to gilbertofromsavage

Hi gilbertofromsavage,

Thanks for the info! I meant to update this post sooner, but I ended up taking my phone to the nearest Apple store and they found that the vibrating mechanism in the phone had broke. Turns out it was just coincidence that it happened around the same time that I upgraded the OS. It was under warranty so they fixed it for free and it's vibrating once again. Thanks! 🙂

iphone 6 not vibrating after upgrade to 8.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.