Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter with a HDMI VGA Adapter?

Hello,

I need to connect a new MacBook with USB-C to both HDMI and VGA.

Can I get the apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter for HDMI and then get a cheap HDMI to VGA cable adapter?

Anyone know if this will work?

Thanks,

David

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Aug 24, 2015 7:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2015 7:48 AM

and then get a cheap HDMI to VGA cable adapter?

Not likely, HDMI is digital, VGA is analog, a cheap passive adapter can't convert digital into analog, it would require a converter with some kind of active circuitry.

See: http://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/222/can-a-simple-cable-convert-hd mi-output-to-vga

4 replies

Oct 20, 2015 1:57 AM in response to David Lee

Hi David ! I bought in Amazon a cable HDMI to VGA and connect it to apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter for HDMI but it didn't work.

I'm looking for it because it's not possibile buy for every different connection an original apple adapter that in Italy costs 89 €uro each !

So if someone indicate me a cheaper cable/adapter HDMI/VGA that works correctly please indicate it to me.

I need a cheaper cable that convert HDMI in VGA connecting it to HDMI exit of originale apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter for HDMI

Thanks

USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter with a HDMI VGA Adapter?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.