Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I edit Albums in Photos that do not have an x against them on iPad?

Hi,

For some reason my PC has copied over unwanted Albums into Photos on my iPad. If I click on Edit only a few Albums have a black cross, the others have their titles greyed out and these are the majority of the ones I want to get rid of. Any ideas?

Regards,

John

iPad 2, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 24, 2015 8:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2015 8:31 AM

Synced Albums can only be removed by deselecting them in the Photos section in iTunes and syncing again. i.e The same way they were put on there originally.

Go back to iTunes and Deselect the Albums you don't want from the list.

Sync photos from your computer to your iOS device using iTunes - Apple Support

You can click on the "Selected Albums..." option to reveal the list of albums, and un-check the albums you don't want. Then sync.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2015 8:31 AM in response to becky2809

Synced Albums can only be removed by deselecting them in the Photos section in iTunes and syncing again. i.e The same way they were put on there originally.

Go back to iTunes and Deselect the Albums you don't want from the list.

Sync photos from your computer to your iOS device using iTunes - Apple Support

You can click on the "Selected Albums..." option to reveal the list of albums, and un-check the albums you don't want. Then sync.

How do I edit Albums in Photos that do not have an x against them on iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.