Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Keynote unable to 09 files

Hi

I am really frustrated as to why a Powerpoint I made in 2014 will not open in the current Powerpoint. It opens readily in 09 but when I try to open in the current version, It takes forever to open then after 3-5 minutes it says it is converting embedded .mov files and it crashes after a few minutes. '09- 45 seconds

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), Unibody 4 gigs Ram

Posted on Aug 24, 2015 9:33 AM

3 replies

Aug 29, 2015 3:22 AM in response to Enio Cordoba1

The latest version of Keynote (version 6.5.3) opens Keynote presentations going back to version 3.

If the Keynote file is corrupt, there is nothing that can be done to open it, do you have a backup file?

If the Keynote application is corrupt, you can try the following procedure, perform all the steps in the order listed:

1. Remove Keynote version 6.5, you must use an application removal tool for this procedure to work: Appcleaner is free, I use Appzapper
  2. Empty the trash
  3. Shut Down the Mac (Apple menu > Shut Down)
  4. Wait 10 seconds, then press the power button
  5. Immediately after you hear the startup tone, hold down the Shift key,
    release the Shift key when you see the grey Apple screen
    start up will take a few minutes longer than usual as the Mac is performing a software repair
  6. Restart the Mac normally, (don’t hold down any keys during startup)
  7. Install Keynote from the Mac App Store

New Keynote unable to 09 files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.