Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creating a Virtual set import into Motion

My question is can a 3d model of a virtual-set be created in something like Maya and imported to Motion in such a way as I can change camera angles and create a unique background for my chormakey subject in FCPX each week?

User uploaded file

Details: I want to create a simple virtual set which is glass. This way I can change camera angles, place a different scenery video behind the glass cast shadows and light etc.. I have a guy who can build the set but im not sure what format he could use or if its even possible to create a semi-transparent object and have motion recognize and work with it. My guess is I am asking far too much of Motion. Any thoughts or directions would be great.

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 6.1.2, null

Posted on Aug 24, 2015 8:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2015 11:16 AM

Although there are a number of Motion power users who post here, I imagine you'll probably get a better response to your question in theMotion forum.

Russ

2 replies

Aug 27, 2015 12:58 PM in response to Russ H

After Effects has a strong model support system for a specific 3D modeler application and 3D Photoshop files.

Motion cannot do this but, heck, it's only $50. You can build your virtual set in Motion, sort of.

From the Motion HELP system, supported formats besides movies:

Still image formats

• Photoshop
  • BMP
  • GIF
  • JPEG
  • PNG
  • TIFF
  • TGA
  • OpenEXR

Other image formats

• Layered Photoshop files
  • PDF files

Creating a Virtual set import into Motion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.