Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a mac G5 that will only boot to white screen with rotating wait sign. I can't start in safe or recovery modes. I have cleaned and reset connections. One time it booted up and showed a screen that had a HD icon with a NO symbol. Pls advise thks

I have tried starting up i safe and recovery modes with no luck. I have a PC and external HD if that could help in reloading OS...I can make repairs myself if i know what to do. Thanks for any advice. Tony

PowerMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Aug 24, 2015 11:01 AM

9 replies

Aug 24, 2015 1:19 PM in response to stupidman9999

You need an official OS installation disc/s OR a replacement OEM install disc for that Mac.

You need to contact Apple in order to get OS X 10.4 Tiger or OS X 10.5 Leopard from Apple assuming they still have copies. Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775 These discs will be replacement OS install discs. You will need to give the rep your Mac model and serial number (it's on the actual computer somewhere) and you'll, also, need a credit card as there is a nominal fee of around $18 for processing and shipping of the disc.

I have a mac G5 that will only boot to white screen with rotating wait sign. I can't start in safe or recovery modes. I have cleaned and reset connections. One time it booted up and showed a screen that had a HD icon with a NO symbol. Pls advise thks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.